Here are two examples of the beautiful and
historical construction found in Woodstock, GA


WOODSTOCK, GEORGIA, TIME LINE (revised July, 2010)

Year
1904The Phil Kemp House is built. Later it was often referred to as the 1904 House, the name of a restaurant at the location. They say a ghost lives there.
1905Bank of Woodstock is established.
1906Woodstock City School is chartered.
Dean’s Store opens. Dr. Will Dean dies.
The Latimer/McCree House is built and would later be called the Howell House.
1907The Harry Latimer House is built.
Dr. T. J. VanSant begins a medical practice in an office on Main Street near Elm. He would treat patients in Woodstock for over 50 years.
1908Woodstock School is built at the location it would occupy until 2005.
The Dave Haney House is built on north Main Street.
1909The Sam and Georgia Carpenter Dawson House is built.
1912A new depot is built, south of the Arnold Mill Road intersection, and on the east side of the tracks.
1913The old depot is torn down and sold to someone who used the lumber to build the first Church of God in the area at nearby Lebanon/TooNigh.
The J. H. Johnston home and the Baptist Church burn. They would be re-built with matching brick, and the new house would be Woodstock’s only White Columns on Main.
1917First and only (until 2000) senior class of Woodstock High School celebrates graduation with two graduates, Bonnie Bozeman and Mary Bates Kemp.
Smith Lemon Johnston and Florine Dial marry and move into their new brick craftsman-style bungalow just south of the business district on Main Street, still occupied by their descendants.
1919The Pierce Latimer House, later the home of the Carpenter family and birthplace of renowned Southern League pitcher Lew Carpenter, is built. It would become Woodstock’s funeral home.
Page 3  of  6 First   Previous   1  2  [3]  4  5  6  Next   Last